Hello all! My name is Saralisa and I’m the owner of this newly-minted blog! I decided to start a book blog for a couple of reasons. 1) I follow a lot of cool book blogs, and for the past few years, I’ve been wanting to start one myself, but never got up the motivation to try to make one…until now! 2) I love reading books, and when I find a favorite, I want to go up to everyone I know and say, “Hey! Have you heard about this book? No? Well, it’s about this…” But not everyone loves books as much as I do, so I thought a book blog would be a good way to rave about a book without looking like a crazy woman. 3) My career goal is to become a book editor, and I figured owning a book blog would help me stand out from the crowd! These are the main reasons this blog is in existence right now.
So I bet you’re wondering what I’ll be posting. Well, it will mostly be book reviews. But I am also going to try to post the questions I come up with for my book club discussions, as well. My blog might also have reviews about movies that began as books, pictures of books, cool quotes, and anything else I find exciting!
To finish up this blog post, I’m going to make a list of 10 facts about myself to help you get to know me:
- My favorite types of books to read are Fantasy, Science-Fiction, and Young Adult Contemporary.
- My favorite colors are blue and purple.
- I have 2 dogs, Blossom and Tippy, and 2 pet pigeons, Molly and Pigeon. (Give me a break! I was three when I named Pigeon!) All are rescued in one way or another.
- I love finding typos in books. My favorite one was “He drowned slightly.” First off, how do you drown slightly??? Second, the man was near death, reclining on his bed. It’s kind of hard to drown when you’re on a bed!
- I graduated from college in 2016 with a Bachelor’s degree in English and a minor in Spanish.
- I love to swing outside on my patio swing. I especially like to do this at night, when I can stare up at the stars and just think.
- I always try to wait to read a series of books until all the books are out. That way I don’t have to wait until the next book is published. I also can’t forget what was in the first books if I don’t have to wait to read the next one!
- I love to sing…in a group. I was in choir from middle school all the way to the end of college. I rarely sing solo, and if you hear me sing by myself, consider yourself lucky!
- I am an only child.
- I rarely reread books.
Well, that’s all for this blog post! Thanks for reading! 🙂