I couldn’t find any discussion questions for The Afterlife of Holly Chase online, so I made up some of my own. I also asked a couple of book club members to help me come up with the questions. So here is a list of the discussion questions we came up with! Thanks for your contributions Kenzie and Barb!
- Do you think a basic knowledge of the Christmas Carol story was needed to understand the plot or was it explained enough throughout?
- What is your opinion of Holly as the book begins? Does your opinion change as the story progresses?
- What is your impression of Ethan when he is first introduced? Did he seem like he fit into the role of a Scrooge?
- Was the transition between Holly’s death and her time at Project Scrooge smooth and easy to understand? By skipping forward five years, was anything left out that made the story confusing?
- Why do you think Boz gave Holly her father’s watch? What was its significance?
- There were several fictional tech items in this book, such as the Hoodie, the Portal, and the Transducer. Which gadget would you want most and why?
- What did you think about the reveal where we find out Holly’s years at Project Scrooge took place in the future? Did it seem to fit with the rest of the story or did it seem out of place?
- There were several plot twists near the end of this book. Did you guess any of them before they were revealed? Which was the most surprising to you?
- Do you think Holly earned her second chance or were her changes too superficial?
Hope these questions spark a great discussion for your book club! Let me know in the comments which one created the best discussion!